WRITERS SUBMISSIONS TERMS AND AGREEMENT
By submitting to A Novel Connection, you agree to the following terms:
1. Your book will be uploaded at the time of launch (June 2017) and will be available to subscribed readers and scouts.When your book is available on A Novel Connection you will be alerted via e-mail with the start and end date of your 60-day period with ANC.
2. You are loaning your book to A Novel Connection for an initial 60-day contract, starting from the day of launch. If you would like to continue to use ANC for your book, then you may re-submit your book.
3. You are not giving us exclusive rights.The selling and distribution of your book through other platforms is accepted. This means that you may use ANC alongside other platforms as resources. If you are using another platform, then it is your responsibility to make sure that you're abiding by their terms and agreements as well. Example: If you are enrolled in "KDP Select," then they do not allow you to use any other platform for your book. Again, it is your responsibility to stay on top of this.
4. Your contact information will be available to all subscribed scouts.Readers under any other subscription will not have access to your phone number and e-mail address on our website. Every scout who signs up under our "Scout Connection" will go through a "review" to insure that they are in fact a literary agent or part of a publishing company for the reason of our writer's contact information being available.
You understand that A Novel Connection is not responsible for any contact information listed on websites outside of A Novel Connection. For instance, if you give us authorization to post the link to a Facebook page or your author website and there is contact information on there, then A Novel Connection is not responsible for that.
5. Your book can be put in review by any scout at any time for 5 days time and will be unavailable to all other scouts for the duration of that review.During this review your book is only available to those under the Reader Connection, Reader Connection RA, and the Kiddie Connection.
6. Any reader can download your book at any time during your 60-day contract with ANC.There is no limit to the amount of downloads per book.
7. ANC does not tolerate plagiarism.
If the work that you submit is plagiarized, then you will be immediately removed from A Novel Connection and legal action may be taken from either the victim of the plagiarized work or from ANC .
8. The only way out of this contract is by confirmation from a literary scout or publishing company who has decided to sign you on. You understand that unless a literary agent or publishing company signs you on as an author, you may not back out of this contract. If you are signed on with a literary agent or publishing company, then the agency or publishing company must confirm this with a letter via mail or e-mail to email@example.com
9. You give A Novel Connection permission to e-mail you with the e-mail address provided at the time of submission regarding information about your contract, book, etc.
10. You give A Novel Connection permission to use the cover of your book, the title, and one-liner of your novel for advertising.